Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers’ Day



My husband walked into our room last night and said, “We don’t deserve this.”  He had just checked on our children and was commenting on how blessed he felt to be their Dad.  I wasn’t feeling that exact sentiment at that point in time.  I was exhausted from chasing three kiddos around all day and was feeling a little sorry for myself for having to put up with their naughty behavior.
But, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that my attitude should be much more like my husband’s.  I’ve shared with you many of the lessons I’ve learned from being a mother.  I’ve experienced so much joy at watching them grow.  And it’s a blessing to be able to share Jesus’ love with them every day.  In years past, I’ve felt somewhat neglected on Mothers’ Day.  I’ve allowed myself to wallow in a pool of self-pity because my husband has been busy with his job.  I’ve felt as though I deserve to be served and fawned over.  But in reality it’s a blessing just to get to be a Mom.
And God lets me continue to try to be a better Mom.  Not only that, he’s allowed me to have a wonderful day with my family.  I’ve been showered with hugs, kisses, I love you’s, gifts and beautiful weather.  My husband washed, dried and folded all five loads of laundry that needed to be done this weekend.  My big kids played with each other happily all afternoon.  And, yes, we had to confront and deal with sinful behavior, but that wasn’t the focus of the day.  Today I focused on all the blessings I am afforded just by being a Mom.
To all the many Moms in my life, a very happy Mothers’ Day.  May you continue to blessed in your walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment