Tuesday, June 13, 2017

It's not good bye

Today, one of my closest friends moved. I got to spend one more day with her kiddos, enjoying them playing with mine. I am so incredibly thankful for all the time I've spent with them for the past four years.
What a blessing it has been for me to have been trusted to take care of someone else's children! I will freely admit that I did not have that perspective every day. But, truly, truly, when I think of leaving my children with another person, I realize the honor Elissa and Nick gave to me by letting me be a part of their kids' lives.
We've known for quite a while this day was coming. I've been sneaking in extra "field trips" and taking lots and lots of pictures. I've been praying for the right words to say to my own kiddos when they ask where their buddies are.
And yet this day surprised me. I'm not ready to let go quite yet. I'm still searching for the best way to tell someone the impact she has had on my life. Elissa, your positive, joyful attitude has inspired me so many days. Your love of kids makes me sad that you won't be my kids' teacher. But, most importantly, your love of Jesus shining through makes me know that today is not good bye.
Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for letting my family be a part of your life. We love you and pray God's blessings on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment