Monday, November 5, 2012

Evolution



Anyone who knows me knows that I am entirely against evolution.  I spent 5 years teaching students about it, from the perspective that they should know what they would be facing in the world.  To them (and me also) it was difficult to understand how anyone could doubt the miracles of this Earth were created by our wonderful Heavenly Father.
As a mom of three, I have discovered a new reason why evolution can’t be true.  Perhaps you’re thinking I’ll say, “The births of my children are so miraculous.”  Or perhaps, “Who else but God could design such a wonderful little body.”  But, here’s the real reason:   I don’t have eight hands and eyes in the back of my head. 
Lately my two oldest have been doing their best to cause trouble and make a mess whenever I sit down to feed the baby.  For example, last week, after feeding the baby, I came out to the kitchen to find my daughter in the refrigerator.  “What are you doing?” I asked.  As she turned to look at me, guilty expression and all, I noticed three sticks of butter with finger gouges and bite marks.  “EWE!!!  We don’t eat butter!”  “Yes we do, mama.”  (Okay, she got me there.  We do eat butter.  But, we had a discussion about the right way to eat butter.)
The next day, I had another moment of wishing I were OctoMom (eight-handed, that is).  As I was getting the two youngest out of the van at my oldest son’s preschool, he decided to walk himself in to school.  This included walking across a busy parking lot at the peak of drop-off time.  And, as I watched a car quickly slow down to wait for him, I wished I had an extra set of hands to grab and hold on to him.
Amazingly enough, God has decided that two hands and two eyes are sufficient for all of us.  And, as I learn how best to manage my brood, he gives me an even greater comfort.  He is with me.  And my kids.  He’s watching out for all of us, keeping us safe, healthy, and connected to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment